Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK Firmware
Hi all,

We've just bought my daughter an Innotab 3s for her second birthday in a couple of weeks and I wanted to upload some of her favourite TV shows and movies to it so she could watch them without stealing my wife's iPhone or iPad. I followed the custom firmware flashing guide but, alas, my Innotab has a newer version than the firmware I tried to flash so I got the message 'this is not for your version' (or words to that effect).

I've read through the FAQ and dumped the firmware but the part about modifying firmware seems to be lacking in specifics - i.e. what files do I modify and what changes do I make to them. I can't really afford to brick a new Innotab (mostly cos my wife will kill me) so was wondering if anyone would be able to modify the firmware for me please?

The firmware can be found here - http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/9639149/file.html - it's a UK version 45.40430 (or around there).

I've no idea how long it takes to patch so really appreciate any help that can be given and I'd love for it to play DivX so I don't need to convert tonnes of episodes or Peppa Pig or Fireman Sam!

Thank you very much in advance!!!
I don't do the firmware Divx mod, that was something Mick was doing. I would suggest just using my converter and converting them all at once which should not take very long if that is all you are wanting to do. Even if someone else patches the firmware for you, it is not 100% that it will not brick your device.
Thanks for the quick response Deak. I'd like to be able to backup cartridges to the Innotab too so she can play her games without changing the cartridge - she's got a LeapPad book thing and all she wants to do is take the cartidges in and out which leads to them being lost or damaged. Is it obvious what files need to be modified in the firmware? I'd be happy to give it a go if I had a bit more detail on what needs to be done.
Hi Deak, I may be missing something but I downloaded the Spiffy Video program and it will only allow me to convert 1 file at a time - am I using the right program?
I join the request for mod firmware uk_45.40430
(10-29-2014, 03:42 PM)Ardraaken Wrote: Hi Deak, I may be missing something but I downloaded the Spiffy Video program and it will only allow me to convert 1 file at a time - am I using the right program?

Never mind - I've got DVD Catalyst 4 and that allows me to batch convert
I believe the current video converter of mine does only let you convert 1 at a time. I built myself a video converter for all my personal stuff which has a much better video queue support, but since it was just for my personal stuff, it has not been released to the public. Glad you got something that works.

If you get to the point of getting the firmware files inlinux via unsquash then sure I can help further. It is not difficult to do. You will also want to grab a later firmware that has been modded so you can compare the file code to one that is already modded to see the changes.
I would also appreciate a mod for uk_45.40430 also please. I've managed to backup my firmware but i'm unable to set a linux environment up at the minute - i've done plenty of reading on the forum and understand partially what to do but don't know what code i've got to add in and where about i'd do this.

If someone has some spare time i'd be very grateful for any help on how to do this.

Cheers
There are a bunch of people that want firmware patches. I have been quite busy lately with being sick, work and house issues. I will try to get to them eventually, but it is hard for me to keep track of all the requests. I may create a firmware request thread where requests can be posted.
(11-04-2014, 11:37 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote: There are a bunch of people that want firmware patches.  I have been quite busy lately with being sick, work and house issues.  I will try to get to them eventually, but it is hard for me to keep track of all the requests.  I may create a firmware request thread where requests can be posted.

I totally understand, thank you for taking the time to reply. I've just got the 3S and have managed to dump the firmware and was going to install Ubuntu via virtual box but I'm worried that I don't correctly mod the firmware and brick the unit. (Plus I don't know what files to mod other than running the Linux commands to unpack the bin)

I'd be more than happy to donate for such help.

Thanks chris