Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enable developer mode directly from the leappad
First I would like to thank "Deak Phreak" and "Joshtech" for all the great information on spiffyhacks.

I found myself constantly enabling and disabling developer mode for various reasons and I wanted to save some time so I created this script.
It will enable developer mode by holding the "up" arrow when booting the leappad.
It will disable developer mode by holding the "down" arrow when booting the leappad. (in case I forgot to rm /flags/developer)
I also included a feature to reinstall backed up games after connecting with wifi, by holding the "right" arrow.

in /etc/init.d create a file called "devmode"

Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
   start)
    if [ "`read_button left`" == "pressed" ] ; then        # up button holding it landscape
       if [ ! -e /flags/developer ]; then
            /bin/touch /flags/developer
            reboot
       fi
    fi
    if [ "`read_button right`" == "pressed" ] ; then    # down button holding in landscape
       if [ -e /flags/developer ]; then
            /bin/rm /flags/developer
            reboot
       fi
    fi
       if [ "`read_button up`" == "pressed" ] ; then        # right button holding in landscape
        /bin/sh /install.sh
           exit
       fi
    exit
    ;;
  stop)
    exit
    ;;
  *)
    echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/devmode {start|stop}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac
exit 0

modify the file /etc/init.d/rcS by adding the following line at the very end of the file.

Code:
nice /etc/init.d/devmode start;

to reinstall backed up games after connecting with wifi by holding the right arrow, create a file in "/" called "install.sh" and chmod 755 the file.
In this file, simply lfpkg2 each directory that is needed for the backed up games. (as it appears they are only removed from the database and not the file system)
example:

Code:
lfpkg2 /LF/Bulk/ProgramFiles/MULT-0x002D001A-000302/meta.inf
lfpkg2 /LF/Bulk/ProgramFiles/MULT-0x002B005A-000204/meta.inf

That is it.  I hope people will find this useful.