Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Someone has taken over the domain, so the site will continue!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[App] Spiffy Video Converter
I no longer have the source to this app so it will not be updated. Please get the Innotab Manager app HERE

Spiffy Video Converter will convert videos for your Innotab either locally or from youtube. Please try it out and post your feedback. I can create an option to extract the audio into an mp3 file if people would find that useful. Let me know.

You will need to download ffmpeg which can be found HERE. Unzip it using 7zip and find the ffmpeg.exe program. Move this into the programs folder and run Spiffy Video Converter. This program is not packaged with it due to the size of ffmpeg.exe.

When converting movies for my kids, I find setting the video quality at High and volume adjust at 3 seems to work pretty good. You will need to play around with it and see what works best for your videos

DOWNLOAD HERE
I tested the divx on an older Innotab and it worked fine. Tested the H264 on an Innotab 3 and that worked with my new version.
Good job Deak
If u want i can help u to translate in french!
Thanks for the offer, but it would be too much work to keep it updated in english and french.
No problem,
even if application is in english, it's easy to use. Thank u
Updated it so now it has a progress bar for downloads and conversions
Works great so far. One minor ???, I have an InnoTab 3S and the videos are 480x272 natively. The converter puts them at 480x270. Not a problem yet, though. They still work great, look good, and sound great. (volume adjust 3 is perfect.)

Why not add an MP3 extractor?

OK, as soon as I post this, I get an error:

[Error while opening encoder for output stream#0.0 bit_rate, rate, width, height
There was no need or demand for an mp3 extractor. I lost the source code to this app, but have my own video converter app for my personal use that has some error fixes with width and height. I may look into releasing that converter app.
(11-02-2014, 02:38 PM)Deak Phreak Wrote: There was no need or demand for an mp3 extractor.  I lost the source code to this app, but have my own video converter app for my personal use that has some error fixes with width and height.  I may look into releasing that converter app.

No biggie, don't sweat it, it was just an idea. There's many other ways to extract the audio from a youtube vid. Thanks for the response.

Ooh, almost forgot to ask. What other resolutions (if any) will play on the Innotabe 3S?
Not sure, I just coded the app to convert it to the screen size, no reason to make it any other size. If you want better quality, you just increase the bitrate or other conversion settings.