Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got Leap TV, anything special that needs done first?
Just bought this for my kid. I see that somebody is working on a home brew launcher that allows the backing up of games. (Very interested in that!). My wife and I bought about 5 or 6 games to go with it. Since our child is a little over 3 years old, having all the games in 1 spot (like Wii-flow) will be very nice! It's also too funny that inside the cartridges are just tiny micro SD cards.

Do firmware updates prevent all the cool home brew stuff from working or has Leapfrog abandoned this product? I think it came out about a year and a half ago so I don't know if any updates will kill the home brew app.

Thanks
(01-23-2016, 08:20 PM)gene0915 Wrote: Just bought this for my kid. I see that somebody is working on a home brew launcher that allows the backing up of games. (Very interested in that!). My wife and I bought about 5 or 6 games to go with it. Since our child is a little over 3 years old, having all the games in 1 spot (like Wii-flow) will be very nice! It's also too funny that inside the cartridges are just tiny micro SD cards.

Do firmware updates prevent all the cool home brew stuff from working or has Leapfrog abandoned this product? I think it came out about a year and a half ago so I don't know if any updates will kill the home brew app.

Thanks

Its pretty straight forward there is about as much security as Dreamcast,  which is no security at all....keep up the research and you will understand one game would have been enough Smile
I'm intrigued. Why is one game enough? I've just bought leap tv for my daughter and I like what I'm reading on here but i would love to know more. Any pointers?