Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more needing to blocking hosts
If you modify /etc/package-manager.conf and modify the line below it will ignore any changes you make to system and not remove your stuff.

RequiredPkgsFile="RequiredPackages2.xml"

This directs to a new package file and doesn't allow the system to see changes.
(01-01-2016, 02:14 PM)xboxexpert Wrote: If you modify /etc/package-manager.conf and modify the line below it will ignore any changes you make to system and not remove your stuff.

RequiredPkgsFile="RequiredPackages2.xml"

This directs to a new package file and doesn't allow the system to see changes.

This doesn't seem to be working for me. For example, if I put something in /LF/Bulk/ProgramFiles and add it with lfpkg2, it does not have a long life. Adding an entry to /etc/hosts does seem to help though. Can you explain a little more what is going on with your suggested change xboxexpert.

Also, does anyone know what program/executable/daemon is actually doing the monitoring and removal of unapproved apps/games in something like /LF/Bulk/ProgramFiles ?? There are a few things in /usr/bin that have a >2014 but I'd rather not reverse every one of them. Watching top or ps has been dreadful.