Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeapPad Platinum
Hi there, I'm just new to this forum. I've recently bought my daughter a LeapPad Platinum, I see there is a dedicated forum for every other model, so why not the Platinum? I understand people are still probably working on hacks for this device. Is it worth having a sub-section yet? Just a thought guys, keep up the good work, many thanks.
I just make new forums as people ask for them. If someone has a device they are working on and some information to provide in it, then I am happy to make one.

From what I hear, my LeapPad Manager app works with the platinum, but thats about it so far. I don't have one myself to test or anything.
The manager app recognizes the Platinum, although there are issues. After it automatically installed the video player, the stock videos in the "Sneak Peak" app play half-off the screen. I'm not sure if it is caused by it, I only noticed it after installing it. Also, any apps or videos added to the device don't appear anywhere on the screen, and if you delete apps, they re-install. this probably has something to do with re-syncing after connecting to Wi-Fi. Great app by the way, hope you eventually get around to the Platinum! Smile
wZolkoraThe manager app recognizes the Platinum, although there are issues. After it automatically installed the video player, the stock videos in the "Sneak Peak" app play half-off the screen. I'm not sure if it is caused by it, I only noticed it after installing it. Also, any apps or videos added to the device don't appear anywhere on the screen, and if you delete apps, they re-install. this probably has something to do with re-syncing after connecting to Wi-Fi. Great app by the way, hope you eventually get around to the Platinum! Smile

Hi Zolkora & Deak,

A sub for the new Platinum would be great

I have the same issues as Zolkora with my sons Platinum, ileappad manager finds the device and lists the apps installed
the video player says installed but i cannot see it on the device?! i currently play videos via the gallery but it feels limited
likewise when i attempt to install a video converted by the app it claims its installed but again doesnt appear in the menu

Pros -
as a video playback workaround i've managed to copy dvd rips across by encoding them into mp4 (h264) at 30 fps with 800x600 res, and mp3 audio (this keeps the audio synced)
i've created a 800x600 cover jpg and named it in the following format - "moviefilename_cover_1.jpg" additionally i've created a 136x102 thumbnail "movefilename_thumb_1.jpg"
the stock video player detects and plays each video file as long as the above criteria is met

Cons -
No filename or video name listed in the stock player so you have no idea what you are playing unless you add the title to the thumbnail / cover images which could become tedious
No timeline scrolling the video playback
option to delete the file could be pressed by little fingers

If you have any suggestions please let me know

Thanks Andrew
I created a forum for the Platinum. It may use a different video player on the platinum, but can't confirm since I do not own one. The Ultra required a different way to install the custom videos which had to be specially coded into the program. The Platinum may also be the same way. With any of these devices though, once you are connected via USB or WIFI then it will wipe out any custom apps you have installed.
I wonder if changing the link to the package manager, as works for the Leap TV would work on newer LeapPad models?
http://spiffyhacks.com/thread-837.html
It might, I remember seeing stuff like that in the older LeapPads, but have not had a chance to mess with them. It was on my list, but was not a big deal for me so I never bothered.
(12-27-2015, 02:37 PM)AndrewB Wrote: wZolkoraThe manager app recognizes the Platinum, although there are issues. After it automatically installed the video player, the stock videos in the "Sneak Peak" app play half-off the screen. I'm not sure if it is caused by it, I only noticed it after installing it. Also, any apps or videos added to the device don't appear anywhere on the screen, and if you delete apps, they re-install. this probably has something to do with re-syncing after connecting to Wi-Fi. Great app by the way, hope you eventually get around to the Platinum! Smile

Hi Zolkora & Deak,

A sub for the new Platinum would be great

I have the same issues as Zolkora with my sons Platinum, ileappad manager finds the device and lists the apps installed
the video player says installed but i cannot see it on the device?! i currently play videos via the gallery but it feels limited
likewise when i attempt to install a video converted by the app it claims its installed but again doesnt appear in the menu

Pros -
as a video playback workaround i've managed to copy dvd rips across by encoding them into mp4 (h264) at 30 fps with 800x600 res, and mp3 audio (this keeps the audio synced)
i've created a 800x600 cover jpg and named it in the following format - "moviefilename_cover_1.jpg" additionally i've created a 136x102 thumbnail "movefilename_thumb_1.jpg"
the stock video player detects and plays each video file as long as the above criteria is met

Cons -
No filename or video name listed in the stock player so you have no idea what you are playing unless you add the title to the thumbnail / cover images which could become tedious
No timeline scrolling the video playback
option to delete the file could be pressed by little fingers

If you have any suggestions please let me know

Thanks Andrew

Hello ive done the mp4 (h264) 800x600 but cant still get it working please do a step by step to see where im going wrong I really want to put some extra videos on as the ones installed are quite rubbish...its really doing my nut in Confused
well videos for the platinum may be different so I could only do a video on the LP2 and Ultra.