Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How to get ADB access and WIP Status
Thumbs Up 
Hello

Please find below step by step instructions on how to get ADB access to the MAX:

1. Turn OFF your MAX
2. In order to get access, you will have to boot to recovery
     - Plugin USB cable and wait for the battery charging animation
     - Hold down UP (on the dpad) + LEFT (on the dpad) + Context Key (the one on the upper left) and press ON for 3 seconds
     - It will stay black screen, this is normal
3. Using the google driver, edit the "android_winusb.inf" file on your PC, and add following lines:
     - In section named “[Google.NTx86]”
          ;InnoTab Max
          %SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
          %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
     - In section named “[Google.NTamd64]”
          ;InnoTab Max
          %SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
          %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
4. Plug the MAX on your PC using USB cable
5. Drivers should be then installed correctly (thanks to modifications done in android_winusb.inf)

You now have adb access to your tablet, only in recovery mode. You can test using "adb devices" command, it should list your device

6. start adb shell using "adb shell" command on your PC
7. Get root access, using "su" command
8. Enable adb for normal mode, using this command: "setprop persist.service.adb.enable 1"
9. You can now reboot the tablet in normal mode using "reboot" command

Once tablet is rebooted, you will see an unknown device, based on the rk30 board. You will need rockship driver pack to continue with adb in this normal mode

10. Install driver pack for rockship from: http://dl.radxa.com/rock/tools/windows/R...sitant.zip

You now have complete ADB access to your tablet

I've just installed the latest firmware upgrade available and the device is reported to be running on android 4.2.2

Let me know if you have issue while following these steps, but should be quite straightforward.

Note that busybox 1.11.1 is already available, and you have root access.
If you need to factory reset your tablet, the key combination is almost the same as getting in recovery
Hit: UP + LEFT + ? and turn on the tablet

------------------ Android Launcher ---------------------------------
Start adb shell and type the following command:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.HOME

this will move to foreground the android launcher

[Image: IMG_20150118_153823.jpg]
Nice one. If I had an Innotab Max, I could test this further.
- Spiffy Network
Enjoy our services? Consider donating http://spiffyhacks.com/donate.php
(01-18-2015, 12:24 PM)Deak Phreak Wrote: Nice one. If I had an Innotab Max, I could test this further.

Let me know if there is something to test. Not sure I can do it during the week, but will try some more next weekend !
It would be nice to figure out how the old InnoTab apps are run and see what security they have in place or if it is simply an android app wrapper that loads them or something. I am not familiar with the Max so maybe all the old ones don't work and only Max android apps?

Have you tried installing other apk's such as a file manager, SU and games like Angry Birds?
- Spiffy Network
Enjoy our services? Consider donating http://spiffyhacks.com/donate.php
Well Done, Nice work!

Mick
(01-18-2015, 12:50 PM)Deak Phreak Wrote: It would be nice to figure out how the old InnoTab apps are run and see what security they have in place or if it is simply an android app wrapper that loads them or something.  I am not familiar with the Max so maybe all the old ones don't work and only Max android apps?

Have you tried installing other apk's such as a file manager, SU and games like Angry Birds?

I don't have an old InnoTab device to compare. You mean running cart games, that were in .bin format ?

Regarding apk, not tried yet. A file manager is already included, and adb is direclty running as root. Gonna try to install some games and check if root is fully available also.

--------------------

Ok tested Root Checker, and as mentionned, it reports BusyBox available. Regarding SU, it is not installed, but it correclty reports su binary available in /system/xbin, and this one is working fine.

I've installed Angry Birds, and it works perfectly.

Now should be interesting to find where is described the games shelf in order to add the manually installed apk
Great work, You'll have excuse my stupidity though...
I can't seem to enter recovery.

To clarify I'm doing Left d-pad + Up d-pad + the button above ?

It just keeps booting normally.

Im able to enter factory reset by left + up + ?

Am I missing something?

Ive tried factory reset too but no joy.
I'm having the same, up+Left+Context menu boot normally, what firmware version are you on?
You, good sir, has just won the Internet. Big Grin Now if only that I'll be able to get my hands on one of them Innotab Maxes...
I've started again, and you are right, it is not so easy to go in.

Here are the exact steps I have ran to do it again:
- Power off
- Plug in USB cable and wait for the battery charging animation
- Hold UP+LEFT+Context and press power for 3 seconds

Let me know if this is OK like this.

Mine is running latest available FW, so 6.2PSYC