Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innotab 3 failed firmware update
Hello - I am really please to find this forum !
I have a couple of Innotab 3 's - One of which now appears to be bricked Sad
Both are well out of warranty.
I connected one to my computer to register with learning lodge - and it told me a firmware update was required.
So I went through the motions:

Downloaded firmware through learning lodge,
ejected USB & powered down,
Upon a reboot I get:
the Vtech splash screen & sound,
then a black screen with the "firmware update in progress update may take up to a minute to complete" screen which lasts for about a minute
then a black screen.
nothing more.

Connecting to a computer gives me nothing either
Please can someone advise as to what options I have here? there is currently no SD card in the tablet.
Thanks in advance
I believe others have had similar issues, but unsure if they were resolved. Have you tried contacting Vtech to see if there is a software solution you can do yourself to fix it?
Big Grin 
Hi. Have you been able to find a resolution to this?
(12-14-2014, 04:25 AM)3enjdw Wrote: Hello - I am really please to find this forum !
I have a couple of Innotab 3 's - One of which now appears to be bricked Sad
Both are well out of warranty.
I connected one to my computer to register with learning lodge - and it told me a firmware update was required.
So I went through the motions:

Downloaded firmware through learning lodge,
ejected USB & powered down,
Upon a reboot I get:
the Vtech splash screen & sound,
then a black screen with the "firmware update in progress update may take up to a minute to complete" screen which lasts for about a minute
then a black screen.
nothing more.

Connecting to a computer gives me nothing either
Please can someone advise as to what options I have here? there is currently no SD card in the tablet.
Thanks in advance
Hi. Have you been able to reaolve this? I'm having this same issue and I'm afraid to go through the process of opening up the tablet when I don't even know what's wrong with it.
no need to disassemble the Storio .I already solved this problem several times .I will post a video to explain how this has never freed black screen. jeancharleskouambla@gmail.com
Pls share the link to the video when you post it. I'll also send you a mail now. Thanks.
(08-31-2016, 01:34 AM)kouambla1989 Wrote: no need to disassemble the Storio .I already solved this problem several times .I will post a video to explain how this has never freed black screen. jeancharleskouambla@gmail.com