Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storio 2 Junior German
Hi,

is there a firmware for the german Storio 2 Junior? The latest offical firmware is 43.30716 and the difference between Storio 2 and Storio 2 Junior is just the Junior version has no external power and works only with batterys. Maybe its the same Firmware 35.30716 from Storio 2? Can someone set the version from 35.30716 to 43.30716 so that i can test it?
I am sure the firmware is the same for the Junior as just a Storio 2. Most of the firmwares between the different hardware is practically the same.
I thinkt its the same firmware too. But i cant flash it because it says 35.30716 is not for this system. 43.30716 offical firmware is installed. I think the hacked firmware checks version before flashing. Can someone set the checking version from 35.30716 to 43.30716?
Well the checking is there for a safety measure. It is not difficult to modify the firmware, so it is best to just dump the firmware and patch it.
Can you show me a short way to dump and patch it? Is the dump on the SD Card before the version check?
Yea I believe it does a dump first when running the script to flash before it does anything else. There is also a script on the main download page that does just that.
(11-03-2014, 03:40 PM)Deak Phreak Wrote: Yea I believe it does a dump first when running the script to flash before it does anything else.  There is also a script on the main download page that does just that.

Hi,

thank you for your work so far. What tools do I need to mod the Firmware once I have the dump? Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Thank you
(12-26-2014, 03:06 PM)ghostzapper Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 03:40 PM)Deak Phreak Wrote: Yea I believe it does a dump first when running the script to flash before it does anything else.  There is also a script on the main download page that does just that.

Hi,

thank you for your work so far. What tools do I need to mod the Firmware once I have the dump? Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Thank you

i m new here and on the hardware , but as i ve seen and read the firmware is just a squashfs.
so you just need squashfs-tools .

see the FAQ for more info http://spiffyhacks.com/thread-2.html

Also at first sight , the only diff i notice in the cfw is few change in RunApp script .
That is correct, the only modifications to the firmware is to remove a few lines and add a few depending on the version to remount the SD card. It is quite easy to do yourself.
(11-02-2014, 01:33 AM)blackhawk77 Wrote: Hi,

is there a firmware for the german Storio 2 Junior? The latest offical firmware is 43.30716 and the difference between Storio 2 and Storio 2 Junior is just the Junior version has no external power and works only with batterys. Maybe its the same Firmware 35.30716 from Storio 2? Can someone set the version from 35.30716 to 43.30716 so that i can test it?

Hi everybody,
is a modified german junior firmware 43.30716 available for download? Or should I make a dump of my firmware and post a request?
Best regards 
Damian