Hello There, Guest! Register
Enjoy our site and services? You may donate to help fund server and domain costs. Donate Here for special benefits. You have donated $

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] - Flashing Modified Firmware
If you have an Innotab 2s or 3s, you will need to get your UnitEID and add it before you are able to run the flasher. Check the FAQ page to read about the UnitEID.

1. Download the correct firmware from one of the pinned threads in the correct forum for your InnoTab model.

2. Connect your SD card or tablet to your computer

3. Wipe the SD card or rename your existing LLN folder to LLN_OLD if you wish to keep your old information

4. Extract the zip you downloaded to the root of your SD card

4a. If you have an Innotab 2s or 3s, you will need to get the UnitEID you found earlier, open the Innopad_wf.db file with an SQL Manager software, browse to the Games table and edit the UnitEID field for the flasher app to your UnitEID value. Then save the database and proceed

5. Disconnect your Innotab from the PC and on the tablet browse to the games folder

6. Click on the Execute icon to start the flashing process. If this app does not show up, you did not enter your UnitEID correctly or something got messed up along the way

7. After flashing, it should then shut down your device. DO NOT shut down until it has finished.

8. Turn the device back on and wait for it to boot. It will show a black screen for some time as the fastboot was killed, so the first time will take a bit longer to load.

9. Enjoy

Pictures coming soon...
I have a innotab 2s that wont let me flash it. I have the UnitEID. The new CF on my SD card but the execute app is in the Innopad_sd.db file not the Innopad_wf.db. how do i change this or what am I doing wrong, My daughters want this thing back already lol. Thanks in advance for any help.
Simply open up both in an SQL editor and copy all the values from the _sd.db to the Innopad_wf.db file.

You can also try replacing your Innopad_wf.db file with this one, then edit the UnitEID value with yours and see if that helps.

.zip   Innopad_wf.zip (Size: 35.18 KB / Downloads: 538)
I have an Innotab 3S and tried to get the unitEID. I tried everything you said and still it did not show up in the SQLbrowser. I added music with the lodge and couldn't find it in browser. I worked on it all morning and couldn't get anything... I tried games too and still nothing... Any ideas to help get my UnitEID?

Disregard.... I need an SD card...
Hi.

How can I hide the Execute icon from the Games folder or how do I move it to other folder(Books, or another one) ?!?!

I wouldn't want my son selecting it by mistake and reflashing the tablet.

Do I just use the SQLite Database Browser and erase the Execute line from the Innopad_wf ?!?

Thanks.
Yes just go in and remove that line. If you copied your old stuff off the SD card, you can always just delete everything on it, then when you stick your SD card back in the device, it will re-create all the necessary folders and a clean database. Your tablet will still be modded.
Hi I don't wish to sound an idiot I can normally do anything on computers and I had no problems with innotab 2 & 3 but I can't seem to flash the 3s Ive tried many times and that database editor doesn't give me the option to edit the united am I missing something

Thanks
You have to make sure to edit the correct database. The 3s uses the innopad_wf.db or something like that so you must make sure that you edit that database.
(12-23-2014, 10:49 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote: You have to make sure to edit the correct database.  The 3s uses the innopad_wf.db or something like that so you must make sure that you edit that database.

I seriously can't work it out its really bugging me
I seriously can't work it out its really bugging me it's just not making sense to me