Spiffy Hacks
LeapPad Manager Problems - Printable Version

+- Spiffy Hacks (http://spiffyhacks.com)
+-- Forum: LeapFrog LeapPad (http://spiffyhacks.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LeapPad 3 (http://spiffyhacks.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: LeapPad Manager Problems (/thread-977.html)

Pages: 1 2

LeapPad Manager Problems - mrss10 - 04-06-2016

I purchased a used LeapPad3, reset the information and account preferences to my account and to my sons name. Downloaded Connect and the Manager from here. I successfully uploaded a couple videos, but since then I haven't been able to get the LeaPad3 to connect to the manager. It is fully charged, I'm running the program as an administrator, uac is off, its on its own cord, it is recognized by my laptop. When I go through the manager and click connect, it comes up with a red error box saying the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SCSI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2acb7f1f9a0ada3c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'SCSI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2acb7f1f9a0ada3c'
at LFConnect.dftp..ctor()
at LFConnect.Form1.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

I am not a programmer nor do I have a huge amount of knowledge as to what this all means, but I can follow directions well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: LeapPad Manager Problems - mrss10 - 04-06-2016

Ok so I got that fixed by installing and reinstalling the Manager, but now it comes up with a red error saying it can't connect to device!

RE: LeapPad Manager Problems - Deak Phreak - 04-06-2016

The first one was due to the file SCSI.dll. The program could not find that file. Maybe it was deleted or the program was moved.

See if you can go in to the program settings and enable Log output level. Set it to Debug or Full then try again and see what output you get.

Is there any chance you chose the option to enable Developer mode in the app? If you did that or anyone did that, the program would not be able to connect any longer until you FTP into the device and delete that flag.

RE: LeapPad Manager Problems - mrss10 - 04-08-2016

When I run it under debug it says this

\\.\PhysicalDrive0 - ID: WDC WD5
\\.\PhysicalDrive1
\\.\PhysicalDrive1 ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
at Helper.IO.Win32FileStream.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreateFile(String fileName, Int32 access, FileShare shareMode, FileMode mode, FileOptions options)
at Helper.IO.Win32FileStream..ctor(String path, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileMode mode, FileOptions options)
at LFConnect.dftp.findDevice()
\\.\PhysicalDrive2
\\.\PhysicalDrive2 ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
at Helper.IO.Win32FileStream.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreateFile(String fileName, Int32 access, FileShare shareMode, FileMode mode, FileOptions options)
at Helper.IO.Win32FileStream..ctor(String path, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileMode mode, FileOptions options)
at LFConnect.dftp.findDevice()

Edit: Trimmed post.

RE: LeapPad Manager Problems - Deak Phreak - 04-08-2016

Yea looks like it is not picking it up. Is the LF Connect software running on the PC? If so, remove it. If not, you may be in developer mode. In developer mode, sometimes when you boot up the device, it will show an IP or something else on the login screen. If you go to the parent options, you may have more options there as well.

You can check this thread and see if you have that USB Lan adapter. You can try connecting to it via FTP by following that tutorial and if you can, you will need to remove the developer flag from the device so it can boot normal again. http://spiffyhacks.com/thread-215.html

Connect is not running, used the task manager to make sure it isn't running at all. no extra options in the parent options on the LeapPad, either, and the only thing that happens when I start it, is the LeapFrog logo shows up and then it asks to press on the user. I will try the link you provided, thank you!

Ok so I cannot get it to connect at all, so how do I gain she'll access?

I got it! It was in developer mode, I deleted the flag and it connects to Manager like a charm! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: LeapPad Manager Problems - Deak Phreak - 04-08-2016

Awesome. I really should hide that feature for normal users.

RE: LeapPad Manager Problems - Dennisbtv - 02-03-2017

(04-08-2016, 04:31 PM)Deak Phreak Wrote: Awesome. I really should hide that feature for normal users.

Hi man, found your software today and tried a few things.

I used it to create a video then i replaced the video.ogg with a video.m3u8 playlist that connects to another m3u8 on my local network.

This allows me to remotly change the video app  from my own pc

While this did work there are a few problems. The video stream played ok but in the top left of the screen. I changed the aspect ratio but it wouldnt play well at all after that.
Also... upon restart, any video I add either ogg or m3u8 playlist is removed from the leap pad 3

Please note, it did actually work.... just a few tweeks and not auto deleteing and it will be fine.

Any suggestions?

here is the video json

{
    "VideoFile":"Video.m3u8",
    "AudioFile":"Video.m3u8",
    "VideoTime":376,
    "FrameRate":15,
    "SourceWidth":1280,
    "SourceHeight":720,
    "TargetWidth":1280,
    "TargetHeight":720,
    "ShowUI":1